Friday, April 16, 2010

Death By Red Wings: DET 7 - PHX 4

Dude. I can't... I just... I mean, I can't even... And the thing... And the other thing... And when that...

Shit. Suffice it to say that game damned near killed me and every other Red Wing fan I know. If the news media report a surge in the sale of personal defibrilators tomorrow, I'm going to know where that came from. Cause DAMN.

I;m not going to do a recap, mostly because I can't, due to having watched most of the second and half of the third from between my fingers and having flipped back and forth between the game and something on the real-life possibility of comic book superhero powers in an attempt to regulate my heart's tachycardic rhythms. All I will say is that I'm glad that the real Red Wings showed up, even if it took nearly 30 minutes for that to happen. I hope we remember on Sunday that when we play hard we win, and when we get stuck in our heads and try to think instead of just skating, we get into trouble.

Let this be a lesson to us.

Now I just need to call my doctor and see if I can get a prescription for nitroglycerin tablets.

No comments:

Post a Comment