Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dallas Stars @ Detroit Red Wings

It's Dallas tonight. Currently they're only 1 pt behind us in the conference, so here's to another 2 pts of cushion. Not that I want to count my chickens or anything (personally, I'm not a big fan of poultry that hasn't been breaded, seasoned, and fried), but I've got my fingers crossed for this one. I can't say that I ever take a Wings loss well, but something inside me shrivels and weeps whenever we drop one to a team from a southern state. In the alternate dimension where I rule the universe, no city without an average of two snowfalls per winter may host a professional hockey team. Originally, it was no city south of the 42nd parallel, but it's been argued that might be a titch too restrictive. I don't get that.

Anyway, puck drop is at 7:30 eastern. I might be able to catch the first few minutes of the 1st period, but I'll have to DVR the rest while I head out to a concert. Great Big Sea is playing tonight, and I am so all over that, especially since tonight, every time they play an Irish tune, I'll dedicate it in my head to Shanny.

Go Wings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment