Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What. Ever.

Do we really have to talk about this? Really? You wouldn't rather join me for a nice root canal? Oh, all right. Spoilsport.

Period 1
Not ten seconds after my housemate commented that the Wings looked good in the first few minutes, there was a ridiculous turnover in the neutral zone that led to such a parade of suckitude that I nearly barfed on her dog. Seriously. I'm not even kidding. We gave up so many turnovers, we should have been wearing little white chef's toques with dustings of flour on our cheeks.

And that is ALL I'm going to say about the first period. I will now begin pretending that it.
Never. Fauxing. Happened.

Period 2
Here, we saw less absolutely ridiculous, Keystone-style play, and instead got treated to the Wings of about a month ago. It wasn't so much that we played horribly as that we couldn't finish to save our bloody lives. Or my sanity. And at this point, I began to despair a little. I wasn't even sure I wanted to see the third period...

Period 3
Oh, the hell with it. I gave up about five minutes in and let the roommate turn on a Golden Girls marathon. Saw Flip's goal, so at least it wasn't a shutout, but it was as lackluster as one, so same diff.

Summary
As, the Chief would say, "vomit." Let's hope that when we get to LA, we remember what playing a hockey game is supposed to look like.

G'night, all. I should have just watched the WJC game and quit while I was ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment