Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Sing A Chorus...

...of BULLSHIT.

The 2nd Nashville goal made me crazy, not because the Wings didn't have a part in that goal, because you don't quit until you hear the whistle anf you don't leave your goalie to face a 3-on-1. But the refs sucked. The whistle should have blown, because that puck hit Bert before he was off the bench. If they weren't going to whistle it as out of play, then they should have whistled the Wings for too many men on the ice. You can't have it both ways, boys. That's not how it works. Or at least, that's not how it's supposed to work.

And if that hadn't been enough, the fact that less than two minutes later, there was yet another Nashville punch to a Wing that wasn't called pissed me the f*&! off. During the 2nd intermission, Sullivan actually had the gall to say that Nashville wasn't getting all the calls they thought they should have and I think I laughed out loud.The sheer number of cheap moves Nashville made that weren't called nearly put the poultry to shame. I counted at least half a dozen blatant kicks and punches they threw at various Wings that never got called, so it was either laugh or shoot someone. And unlike Nashville residents, I don't actually own any firearms.

The flurry that ensued after that ridiculous goal in the third, though, was amazing. Shots everywhere, on both sides of the ice. It amounted to an intense period which led to a supremely satisfying overtime win. Where once again, Bertuzzi became our hero!

I'm going to have to grow past my mild inherited antipathy toward him.

Other than that, I was much too focused on screaming about the dirty play to notice much. Except that Leino showed a little more improvement tonight. A little more hustle and a little more grit, but honestly what I liked most was the chemistry he seemed to have with Abdelkader. Those two looked really good together and had a couple of good chances, especially early in the second. I would not be adverse to seeing them stay together until Filppula gets back.

And with that, I'm going to go bask in the glow of another 2 points. Let's hope we can stay on this trajectory for another game or 2. Or 30.

Go Wings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment