Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hallelujah

I'm just beyond relieved that we won. And in regulation, too. Will wonders never cease? Okay, so I'm bitter, but that's okay, because I'm happy. I am a conundrum.

Here's what I saw:

  • I am so glad Ville Leino was benched. Hell, if I were Babcock, I'd bench him AND call someone up from Grand rapids (Tatar, anyone?) just to scare the shit out of him. Or into him. Whichever works. Frankly, I think just getting him off the ice helped our game.
  • Is it me, or did we spend a good chunk of the 1st period just looking...confused? I mean, we looked like we were trying, but just had no idea what the other guys on our team were doing.
  • One of these days Mickey and Ken are going to give up the pretense and just hit the bong right there in the announcers booth.
  • Ericsson, SERIOUSLY! Okay, I'm going to take a deep breath here. I don't think Ericsson lacks potential. I think he could become a decent player. Be he needs to stop being an idiot.
  • Another night where I yelled over and over "That should have been IN!!!"
  • Wow, our power play sucked at times tonight.
  • About time, Pasha! Thank you!
  • This seemed like a fairly lackadaisical game. Because I lack the motivation to come up with a better excuse, I'm going to go with Mickey and Ken and blame it on bad ice because of the earlier basketball game.
  • Damn it, Pasha, SHOOT THE DAMNED PUCK!
  • That empty netter was fun. Winning was more fun.
All in all, I have a hard time arguing with a win. I thought we were a little slow, but so were the Rangers, so I'll blame the ice. I think keeping Leino off the roster made us better, and what does that say? I think finally benching him might have helped Uncle Mike feel more comfortable shaking up the top 2 lines, and that seemed to help, too.

No matter how you call it, I'm just going to pocket the win and put away the booze before my liver explodes.

3 comments:

  1. I, too, have been calling for Tatar for that exact reason: to kick the vets who aren't performing in the pants.

    Good one tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about when Hank "tripped" Sean Avery with his shoulder? That was my favorite call of the night.

    Two points, I'll take 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I got to watch this game with you...I forgot how much fun it is to watch you scream at the TV. You were especially eloquent when Hank "tripped" Sean Avery with his shoulder.

    Two points, I'll take 'em.

    ReplyDelete